PCG seeks a creative and dynamic candidate for the position of Development and Marketing Associate. The Associate will support fund raising, investor relations, social impact analysis, and online marketing and communications. This position reports to the Chief Business Development Officer, but works with and all members of the PCG team. This is a full time 40 hour per week position.
Marketing and Communications (50%)
- Work with CapNexus users and sponsors to develop and write website postings, profiles, and newsletter content.
- Engage in outreach activities to cultivate new CapNexus users and sponsors.
- Design and prepare social media communications and outreach.
- Assist with the redesign of the PCG website and continuously update the PCG and CapNexus website content.
- Create Google analytics and Google AdWords to track user behavior and drive traffic to site.
- Monitor website and ensure that it is working at an optimal performance at all times.
- Assist in strategy development, planning and coordination of marketing and outreach initiatives directed at potential lending partners and borrowers.
- Draft and coordinate production of all marketing and outreach materials to support funding raising, programmatic and other initiatives of PCG, including targeted mailings, press releases, and advertising.
- Provide support for special events (e.g. annual investor meeting, conference exhibits).
- Manage information flow and reporting in Salesforce database
Social Impact Assessment (30%)
- Coordinate collection of annual social impact data and preparation of social impact reports.
- Make recommendations for enhancements to social impact data collection and assessment tools and methodologies.
- Write and coordinate production of borrower profiles and impact stories.
- Work with lending and other team members on collection and use of social impact data.
Investors & Fund Raising (20%)
- Assist in writing and preparation of grant and other funding proposals.
- Develop proactive strategies to identify new prospects for investments and philanthropic support.
This position requires an interest in public policy, finance, social media, and a passion for improving the lives of underserved communities. Other experience or skills that are highly desirable:
- Interest or experience in community development and/or financial services.
- A passion for economic justice and making the world a better place.
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task, excellent time management and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good networking, relationship management, and customer skills.
- Positive demeanor and collaborative working style.
- Experience creating website content and using social media tools to build networks and ability to learn new technology quickly are a plus.
- Experience using Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) solutions is a plus.
- Basic computer and research skills along with familiarity with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and the internet is a MUST.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, economics, business administration or related fields are desired.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen.
Competitive nonprofit sector salary commensurate with experience. Collegial work environment. Good benefits package available.
Interested individuals should submit a resume, cover letter, brief writing sample and references below.